Saturday 2 February 2013

My WildCard team 12/13

After 2 weeks of tinkering and drafting, the final decisions have been made with my Wildcard team for the second half of the season. There were experiments with 3-5-2, 3-4-3 and even a team revolving around Leighton Baines, but the Liverpool DGW swayed me and this post will be the landmark where I will deviate from most fantasy managers.

I will state my reasons here, as well as recommendations from another friend (which I'll attempt to put up every week and better hopefully), but this is where things get messy. 

My Wildcard Team


Main reason for choosing this Wildcard team is to have a team that will constantly give points while having a strong bench. I've included some flair picks as well as possible home gamers/benchers that will come on as I expect Mata, RVP and even Gerrard to be rested at some point. 

Constant point deliverers (expected): Walcott, Mata, Gerrard, Suarez, RVP. 

The excluded:

Bale - I have classified Bale as an "explosive player" and while his stats are constantly good, I need players who will play every week and deliver. I will outscore Bale with my defense and my constant point scorers. Will get him back if one of Gerrard, Mata or Walcott loses form. 

Michu - I bought Michu at 7.5, and I am cashing in on him now. Me letting him go at this point in time is a pure punter's move, especially replacing him with a constatnly rotating pair of my 2 explosive players. I expect Swansea to recover, but not only defensively over the second half of the season. I might pick up Itay Shecter if he steps up for Swansea. 

Explosive (Tier 2): Taarabt, Cabaye, Benteke. 

With the defenders, I have decided to utilise a 2 big + 1 from 3 strategy from the bench. Baines and Zabaleta automatically make the list, and the other 3 defenders consist of safe bench options (Clyne + Davies) + Onuoha, who is a punt at the moment. 

With me GKs, I'll be rotating Boruc and Federici for the rest of the season. I'll probably pick up de Gea post Champions league if United are knocked out my Real Madrid, if not I'll settle for this rotating pair to the end of the season. In case of lack of funds, I'll probably swoop for Jose Enrique to upgrade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment