Wednesday 7 November 2012

GW10 Performance: Underlying Stats

This entry might not be a regular, as theoretically I could only put this up when ShotsonTarget puts up their stats. Would love to use it though, but ultimately it's for my own reference. But if any of you guys know alternative resources for this kind of data, let me know.


Player
Price
Minutes
Key Passes
Shots
Shots in the box
Shots on Target
Assists
Goals
Baines
7.6
94
6
1
0
0
0
0
Cameron
4.5
95
2
0
0
0
0
0
O’Shea
5.0
95
0
1
1
0
0
0
Riise
5.7
59
0
0
0
0
0
0
Davies
4.0
95
0
0
0
0
0
0
Sterling
5.2
94
0
3
1
0
0
0
Bale
9.8
96
3
3
1
2
0
0
Ben Arfa
7.9
94
2
3
1
1
1
0
Nolan
6.7
93
0
1
1
0
0
0
Mata
9.4
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
Ba
8.3
50
0
1
0
0
0
0
Aguero
11.1
24
1
2
1
1
0
0
Defoe
8.1
58
0
0
0
0
0
0

Stats obtained via Shots On Target.

As this is my first post-game analysis, I really should be using data and decisions from pre-gameweek 10 to judge how well I have done, but I guess I have to start SOMEWHERE, and I'll just go with the DELIVERS, the FLOPS and the EXPECTEDs.

While I currently don't have my GW10 projected score, I will probably use rough estimations of what I expect at least out of my players, depending on the price I had paid for them. For instance, an elite DEFENDER would have some figure in the Key Passes section (such as Baines), so that even though I admit that Baines didn't deliver, his underlying stats at least justified his inclusion in my squad and I can have a peace of mind that on another day, Baines would have contributed at least an assist.

THE DELIVERS


Let's start with the elite players. Baines, Ben Arfa and Bale all had decent stats despite having meagre returns, and I (theoretically) should be keeping these players as part of my elite squad.

None of my mid-price assets or any of my budget players delivered either, which probably signals that I have made a mistake in my previous overhaul of my squad.

THE FLOPS


While Mata's injury can be interpreted as unlucky, I am quite glad that none of the other elite Chelsea players delivered either, which gives a huge signal that without form players, Chelsea are quite toothless. Aguero's minutes continue to disappoint despite my faith in him, and I feel that it's about time I let him go.

I didn't heed the warning of Ba possibly not starting against Liverpool, and I trusted that he'd deliver. Well, I was wrong. Defoe as a differential also went down tamely, while my mid price defenders Riise and O'Shea will have to be let go after their discouraging stats. While I can accept that I only bought O'Shea for his security and possible clean sheets, Riise's attacking potential tempted me to buy him, and without analysing the rest of his performance, I know that I have sold him but in the short term, at least it's a decent decision.

THE EXPECTEDS


Nolan got unlucky with a disallowed goal, but he wasn't going to start for my team anyway. Davies and Cameron both conceded, and while I am quite content with their returns for the amount I paid, I'm quite tempted to start window shopping again for 4.5$ players in the coming weeks...

Sterling didn't do too well either, which is obvious given that Suarez is a ball hog. Literally.

CONCLUSION


If theory were to suggest i have to drop my flops and keep my delivers, then I have to drop:

Defoe, Aguero, O'Shea, Riise, and Ba. Mata should be dropped for his injury too. I'm done with injury risks.

I would also have to make decisions on both Nolan and Sterling in particular, as they have a set of tricky fixtures in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment