Friday 9 November 2012

The Big Picture

While this blog has been created to track my Fantasy Selection system development, I'm probably thinking of permalinking several pages that will constantly be updated to be referred to later. Pages like Projections vs. Results and The Big Picture itself should probably have a separate page as well me thinks. Will attempt to pull this off and see how I can constantly update things.

So in my head, what I have envisioned is that I'll have posts pre-game and post-game, as well as their summaries in Pages (Tabs) that I will constantly update. In terms of posts, I will make:
  • Pre-Gameweek Transfers and their justifications (really short)
  • Pre-Gameweek Projected Scores depending on ShotsOnTarget's analysis (haven't got much else)
  • Post-Gameweek Scores and Verdicts based on Underlying stats with a final conclusion 
  • Post-Gameweek Watchlist where potential Gems are identified
In terms of pages, I am looking to regularly update:

Currently Running:
  • The Big Picture: This page will track system development, which will likely be this page itself. When to make transfers, how long I have kept/will keep players and whether I do so etc. 
  • Resources: New (useful) articles come out everyday. Will be looking to keep track of season-long trends, such as individual team's defending/offense and such.
  • Gameweek Summary: Who to monitor (in/out), Projected scores v actual scores, differential points maybe? The ultimate personal record of my Points, Watchlist, and ULTIMATELY Transfer History analysis
Long Term Projects (which will require a team):
  • Individual Team FPL Analysis: This will probably be a long term project, because firstly new players will have small data samples, and well, safe picks are never safe. 
  • FPL Transfer Myths: Rules for myself (and whoever that reads) to refer to for future seasons, such as "Buy the first Man United player that catches fire early season" and so on. These guidelines WILL be opinion based, (mostly mine), unique from team-to-team (or even managers) and will likely also involve formations and playing styles. 
  • *UPDATE* I have a (provisional) guest writer! Hence I will make a "Guest Writer's Column with plenty of interesting (and hopefully consistent) topics for the coming Gameweeks.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but this will be updated as The Big Picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment