Friday 5 April 2013

GW31 Projections

Just the classic stuff before the next Gameweek starts. I'll fix these up as soon as possible and then I'll move on to the DGW stuff. 

Oh right, moves. Upgraded Sessegnon, but instead of the planned Pienaar in, I moved for Cazorla for captaincy versus Reading. Unfortunately this implied that I had to take a hit to fund this move, and I elected to draft in Jenas, who is the most guaranteed 4.2 starter instead of downgrading Benteke or Suarez, who were both in good for (and possessing good fixtures). 


First XI, followed by subs

Player
Position
Fixture
Projected Score
De Gea
GK
SUN (A)
6
Zabaleta
DEF
NEW (H)
6
Enrique
DEF
AVL (A)
2
Turner
DEF
WIG (A)
2
Mata
MID
SOU (A)
2 (4)
Cazorla
MID
RDG (H)
6
Walcott
MID
RDG (H)
0
Bale
MID
SWA (A)
6
RVP
FWD
SUN (A)
6
Suarez
FWD
AVL (A)
6
Benteke
FWD
LIV (H)
2 (4)
Boruc
GK
CHE (H)
2
Jenas
MID
FUL (A)
2
Wilson
DEF
EVE (A)
2
Clyne
DEF
CHE (H)
2

DDG v Boruc

The coming weeks will be interesting because I'm pretty much going with a DDG/cheapo strategy. According to this rotation I will only be starting Boruc for the Reading away game, and then home to West Brom probably (since DDG plays Arsenal) then I'll be shipping him for Robles' WIG DGW in 36. Hopefully that pans out well.

Defenders

Benching Clyne was the obvious choice here, but the decision between Turner away to inform Wigan and Stoke away to Fellaini+Pienaarless Everton was a tough one. Stats suggested to start Norwich and I duly concurred, although I shouldn't have expected anything from either defender.

Attackers

The models here really, really made it close between RVP, Suarez and Cazorla. Technically I should've picked Suarez according to the models, but I'll be going against stats this week due to Reading losing their manager my going with the Caz.

Also, funny thing I would like to look at in the future. There was a discussion I had with a similar statistical mind that implied the effects of a new manager (and subsequently the increased PPG) only takes place the SECOND game into his managerial career. Would like to make a case study for the BPL managers post season and if someone would be so kind to remind me to do this post season it will earn you brownie points. I'll buy you a book or something.

44 is an average score predicted this week. Considering that out of the top candidates, the only people I'm missing are Tevez, Giroud and Sturridge, I'm fairly confident of more than 44.

No comments:

Post a Comment