Tuesday 23 April 2013

GW34 Projections


Between GW33 and GW34 the "planned" transfer was to do nothing and stick to 2 Arsenal mids against Fulham but I kneejerked for Maloney's price rise (OF ALL THINGS!!!!) and borught him in for Cazorla. Sometimes I need to hit myself really, really hard on the head before I do these things.



First XI, followed by subs

Player
Position
Fixture
Projected Score
De Gea
GK
AVL (H)
6
Baines
DEF
SUN (A)
2
Turner
DEF
RDG (H)
2
Zabaleta
DEF
TOT (A)
2
Fellaini
MID
SUN (A)
2 (4)
Maloney
MID
WHU (A)
2
Gerrard
MID
CHE (H)
2 (4)
Walcott
MID
FUL (A)
2 (4)
RVP
FWD
AVL (H)
7
Suarez
FWD
CHE (H)
5
Benteke
FWD
MNU (A)
2 (4)
Boruc
GK
SWA (A)
2
Jenas
MID
STK (H)
2
Wilson
DEF
QPR (A)
6
Clyne
DEF
SWA (A)
2

Credit to Chris Glover's FPL blog for the stats.

DDG v Boruc

DDG rated to have the CS. Not surprised.

Defenders

Stats dictate that I start Wilson, Baines and Turner here. Zaba + Clyne on the bench seems somewhat sensible, but I think i went with the notion here that Zaba would get some attacking returns.

Attackers

Was meant to bench Benteke this week, but it turned out that Jenas didn't play. Parting ways with him soon.

34 points. Not good. RVP and Suarez to deliver then, what's also strange though is that beyond the aforementioned two, the only "ownable" players in the list were Lukaku, Remy and a City striker. Low scores to be projected for everyone bar RVP and Suarez owners.

4 comments:

  1. How do you fiugre out your projected points and what do the values in parenthesis mean? Great stuff all round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      The projected points are taken from Chris Glover's blog. Thanks for reminding me to credit him, I didn't realise that I didn't credit him in my posts.

      The values in parentheses are my interpretations for values where Glover's model produces a 3 or 4. I generally use 2 in my own estimations for the week, but if I see a lot of them at least I get a better indicator of what the Gameweek will be like.

      Delete
  2. Good stuff. I've got the same defenders as you and ended up playing Zaba and Baines same as you, the Wilson and Clyne CS on the bench were painful this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they were. I'm more annoyed at not having Clyne or Wilson as first sub, I actually benched Benteke because I was playing DDG over Boruc. Due to Jenas not playing against Stoke, I actually did have the chance to field Clyne as a first sub instead of Benteke.

      What's more irritating is that I initially had Clyne playing over Zabaleta, and Wilson as first sub. This is a lesson I guess that the most minute details are the difference in getting 10 extra points instead of having them on your bench.

      Delete